Position Title: Research Program Coordinator
Department: Electrical and Computer Engineering, Concordia University
Salary: $19,100 for the period
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm (35 hours per week)
Period of employment: April 1, 2013 – September 30, 2013 (6 months)
Reporting administratively to the Department Chair, and functionally to the Industrial Research Chairs (IRC), the incumbent provides research support to the IRC holders within the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- Organize and coordinate IRC activities: manage research group, organize meetings of advisory board, steering committee and other meetings with funding agencies, companies and other collaborators. Organize and coordinate scientific conferences and workshops.
- Help with hosting industrial visitors and collaborators. Book conference rooms, make reservations for meetings.
- Assist with periodic financial reporting required by the University, granting agencies and industrial partners.
- Gather information and collaborate in writing proposals, research plans, and technical progress reports.
- Help with preparing on-line applications and reports including NSERC, FQRNT, industrial sponsors and international collaborators.
- Develop and update brochures and publication materials, and ensure their dissemination. Help with the preparation of publications including papers, technical reports and books, including preparation of figures. Edit web-site content.
- Other tasks as required.
- Diploma of College Studies (DEC).
- Two years of related work experience.
- Very good spoken and written English (level 4) and French (level 4) in order to write and edit correspondence, translate letters, provide and interpret detailed information.
- Intermediate knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Basic knowledge of Acrobat Professional and Outlook. Ability to research information via Internet.
- Superior organizational skills. Ability to multitask and take initiative.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills. Ability to deal sensitively, discretely and tactfully with confidential matters.
Interested applicants must submit an up to date curriculum vitae with a covering letter by the posting deadline, April 5, 2013, to: